Pages

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Where did January go??


Jinkies, it's already the end of January & I have no idea where the time has gone! Well, that's not entirely true. I've spent most of it flitting backwards and forwards between researching for my project and writing my contextual report. Thankfully, my report got good, productive feedback. As I've said before, feedback is essential and I would always recommend getting some from tutors, even for level 2 (i.e. GCSEs) and 3 (i.e. A Levels, BTEC Nationals) courses. It lets you know how you're doing and gives you a chance to do better.

It is very, very easy to coast. I know this. I have been there. For me, years one and two were, in all honesty, kinda easy. And knowing that I did find it relatively easy, it makes me wonder why I didn't get better grades. Hey, I'm not saying that my grades were all that bad, but I then wonder how amazing they could have been if I'd tried just a little bit harder, been a bit more organised. Sadly, I am an out-of-the-closet procrastinator. I used to think I had exceptional time management skills, but then I came back to study after mumble mumble years and realised that when it comes to organising myself, for me, I'm vaguely inept. If I could think about study as a full time job (40 hours a week IS a full time job!) then I think I'd be better organised... Still working on that. I have three months to get it sorted!

I am now finding my feet again this year, as I have been finding it hard to get on and focus. I've had a few things going on and some are still on-going, but I've been making a few changes & it seems to be helping - go me! But they do say a change is as good as a rest right? :o]

Anyway, I didn’t exactly promise, but I did say I’d try to find a way to get Lego C3PO and R2D2 in as a topic, so this is me just blatantly saying “Here’s a picture of some Lego. Enjoy!” You’ll notice that the Lego love is not restricted to Star Wars, as I have made the mistake of starting to collect the Lego miniatures... Bad move – more things to waste my money on!


 Until next time dear readers.... :o]

No comments:

Post a Comment